The HT Group is currently partnering with an established, yet growing retail entity in the search for a qualified Corporate Tax Manager for a newly-created need.
This individual will manage the tax accounting /compliance processes and leads the tax compliance team. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement.
The role will also encompass preparation of the corporate tax provision, governmental reporting, overseeing, directing, teaching and supervising Tax support staff.
- Ensure the accurate, timely completion and filing of all tax compliance at the federal and state levels
- Oversee the sales tax compliance process to include filings and securing, maintaining of sales tax certificates relative to non-taxed sales transactions by retail stores
- Manage and coordinate tax audits
- Prepare tax provision ASC 740 (FAS 109)
- Oversee and review reconciliations of all tax related general ledger accounts
- Interface with tax consultants
- Perform tax research and prepare internal memoranda
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Mentor and supervise tax support staff; to include delegating workload and tasks, reviewing all staff journal entries, and discuss/correct items with the staff membersl
- Other projects as requested
- Supervises up to 5 Accounting staff members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising initial performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA Certification highly desired (previous public accounting firm experience preferred)
- Previous supervisory experience
- 3-5 years’ corporate tax experience with knowledge of C-Corps
- Previous retail industry experience a plus
- “Servant/leader” management mindset