The HT Group has partnered with a Company in the Energy Sector that is continuing to go through explosive growth. Presently they are looking for a Controller to oversee all Accounting Functions and a small and nimble team. This person cannot be a delegator, as they will be in the weeds as well as a strategic Problem Solver for the CEO. This individual also has to be comfortable in an open office environment with an accessible office
* Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
* Coordination of monthly accounting close for the Company and its operating subsidiaries.
* Preparation of monthly and annual financial and management reports, providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
* Responsible for directing the Company’s accounting function
* In coordination with the Accounting and Finance leadership, directs the establishment of accounting principles, practices and procedures in compliance with GAAP
* Oversee reporting to bank institutions and ensure compliance with credit facility covenants
* Manage the year-end close, preparing annual financial statements, annual audit, and compiling required audit schedules and reconciliations
* Development and maintenance of planning and budgeting systems
* Analysis and interpretation of trends requiring management’s attention
* Assist in acquisitions, integrations and system implementations as needed
* Assist in hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation and management of direct and indirect reporting employees
* Manages employee performance development and technical and non-technical training
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with an MBA preferred as well as CPA.
At Least 5 Years in a Leadership role.