The HT Group is now hiring an Accounting Specialist for a fast-paced Austin company. You will provide accounts payable and receivable support for this growing and friendly team. The ideal candidate will be organized with strong attention to details and deadlines and be able to work well with minimal supervision. Strong computer skills, including Excel, a must. Pay is DOE, Temp to Hire, with full benefits upon hire. Position is an ASAP start.
Accounting Specialist Position Details:
M-F with occasional weekend work required
Accounting Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Heavy billing/invoicing
- Creation and management of weekly and monthly invoicing
- Batches invoices for various cost centers.
- Enters vouchers per State Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Receives and organizes statements from vendors
- Checks vendor files for payment of any invoices listed outstanding and calls departments and or vendors in regard to any old outstanding invoices for verification of unpaid, lost, or billed invoices.
- Reviews expense reports monthly
- Takes phone calls and answers any questions from departments or vendors in regards to invoice payments.
- Assist with Accounting duties, including budget and reconciliations as needed
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Accounting Specialist Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent degree required.
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Minimum of six months experience within an accounting function, preferably accounts payable/receivable.
- Administrative experience in an office environment required.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain learned information easily.
- High attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Knowledge. Strong Excel Skills Required, including reports and formula knowledge. (Will be tested)
- Advanced organization skills and ability to adhere to tight deadlines.